On 5/8/2010 6:15 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 5/8/10 2:07 AM, John Doue wrote:
Hi,

Google has apparently decided that some kind of bold font should be used
while entering data in its search field.

Is there some way, more generally, a user can control the font used in
such case? Sorry if this shows my ignorance of such things ...

Thanks

I see what you describe with a basic search but not with the advanced
search.  This seems to be controlled by the Web page.  You can go to
[Edit>  Preferences>  Appearance>  Fonts] and uncheck the "Allow
documents to use other fonts" checkbox.

While typing search terms for Google for a basic search, you get a
pull-down list of possible terms displayed with a mix of bold and
non-bold fonts.  The non-bold part is what you have already typed.  The
bold part is an attempt to complete what you might want to type.  If you
turn off the use of other fonts, this mix of bold and non-bold is
reversed.

Thanks. I was hoping there was a way to achieve what I want without making a global change. Still, I will try this.

--
John Doue