I've recently subscribed to a mailing list using my Gmail account address. I've configured Gmail using IMAP in SeaMonkey and I've setup a filter so any messages sent to the list get moved to a local folder (which has a limited time retention policy). I don't really want these messages kept on the server but I've noticed they don't quite get deleted after being moved to a local folder. They can still be accessed through the "All Mail" archives folder and I need to manually select them in there, delete (move to the "Trash" folder) and then empty the trash to get rid of them completely off the server. Deleting them bypassing the "Trash" folder using Shift+Delete also doesn't seem to remove them from the server - they reappear after I navigate back and forth to the "All Mail" folder.

So my question is whether I can setup a filter which gets rid of the messages from the Gmail server completely after they get moved to a local folder?

--
Stanimir