I can't seem to find instructions for how to do this. I thought I had
the reader working properly to show pdf files in the broser, but now I
am getting a blank adobe dialog with an ok button and a blank web page.

I have,
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"
listed under HKCR > Software > Adobe > Acrobat > Exe

I think this is what I have used before. The reader does not work with any browser, but the adobe doc says to make sure that the browser is configured to use the Adobe PDF Browser plug-in, so I guess I need to start there.

I am using 1.1.17 in case that matters.

LMH