If you can find the profile folder that contains the directory with the random string of characters, you should just be able to create a new profile with the same name and point to that folder. That is how I back up my profiles. I don't generally store my profiles in the default location, so I am not sure how that is different.

LMH

Mel Weisblatt wrote:
I recently upgraded from 1.1.18 to 2.0.4 and I can't seem to figure out how to get all my addresses, bookmarks, stored passwords and preferences into the new version. I use Windows XP Home Version, and with 1.1.18 the information I need was stored in Documents and Settings/ Owner/ Applications Data/ Mozilla. I cannot find where it is now stored and how to transfer the files from the old version to the new version.
Can anyone help

Thanks.