Sorry about the lack of info. I'm running SM 2.0.4 and the OS is Linux, Ubuntu
10.4

did look in the SM helper apps but didn't see an entry for .doc or .odt
files. But then there's no mention of pdf, ps or spreadsheet files
either, but they all download OK with the choice of saving or just
opening. It's only the word processor files that offer save only
without the option to just open.

Incidentally, I couldn't see a way of adding to the helper apps list - how do
you do that?

Thanks, Ray

________________________________

Paul wrote:

Ray Chandler wrote:

Not sure if this is a Seamonkey problem or a quirk in BT-Yahoo webmail,
but when I receive emails with attachments I get inconsistent results.

If it is any kind of attachment other than a Word doc (or OO equiv),
Seamonkey gives me an option to either save the attachment or open it
for viewing without saving. But if it's a Word doc I don't get the open
option - I have to save it and then open the saved filed.

This problem doesn't occur when I use BT-Yahoo webmail with any other
browser - just Seamonkey. I like Seamonkey a lot and it is my default
browser, but this is a real nuisance. Is there a way to make the Word
attachment pop-up give me a choice to open rather than save?

> Thanks,
> Ray

Too much missing info to give a good answer.  It also
sounds like your Win registry may be messed up a bit.

However, assuming that you are running WinXP SP2 and SM 1117:
Look in regedit and see what program is supposed to open *.doc
files then add an OpenWith executable to the OpenWithList.
Or
Add a helper *.doc app to SM Helper Apps and fill in
the blanks.