Daniel wrote:
MandrivaLinux 2009.1 with SM 2.0.x and 2.1a2.

Is it just my imagination or is SM checking NG's twice when I expand a
news server?

With the Secnews server being OTA ATT, each day, when I expand the
server, eventually I get two messages telling me that the server has
timed out, and, even when I expand this mozilla server, at times I might
get a group showing as 26 unread messages out of 56 total messages,
then, moments later, this could become 15 unread messages out of 56
total message (example figures only).

And on my Usenet server, with it's sixty-odd groups, the numbers are
updated and then updated again.

For a long time I've accepted this behavior as SM getting the numbers
from the news groups and then appling my message filters, but this does
not explain the behavior with Secnews, i.e. if the server is down (and I
get one error message), there are no new message titles to apply the
filters to, so there should be no second message.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Daniel

How many newsgroups do you have selected? I have two groups selected.

and SeaMonkey show message twice.

BTW: Secnews.netscape has not disappeared. They are actually in process of moving it to a Brand new Server. Will take some time to get it moved.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com