I don't know which older version you were using, but you have to COMPLETELY remove (uninstall) Version 1 of Seamonkey before installing Version 2. Versions 1 and 2 are incompatible. Even if you install them into different locations, there are some common file locations that will overlap and cause conflicts. I would even look in /Program Files/ and /Document and Settings/.../Application Data/ to be sure there aren't any residual configuration files left behind.