I have a persistent problem with printing some email and some web pages in SeaMonkey. The Text is "garbled". It looks like the correct characters are not printed and other characters printed in their place.

It only happens sometimes and sometimes it only happens to part of an email.

Sometimes if I do a Print Preview first the email will print correctly.

Sometimes if I do a print preview the text is garbled and sometimes it's not.

Reinstalling the printer drivers helps sometimes but the problem sometimes returns later.

I have been unable to detect a pattern, or find a way to repeat the problem.

Searching the Mozilla archives this appears to be a known problem, but seems to be passed off to using old printer drivers. That is not my experience, I have a brand new ink jet printer that sometimes prints garbage.

No other application is affected.

I was wondering how wide spread this was and whether anyone had any idea if it was being actively worked on.

--
rob