chicagofan wrote:
I can't find a bug report on 2.06 about what's happening now, on sending
"news" messages when the server delays the process, and I'm sure others
must have discovered this... unless it's just a Charter quirk.

The searches turned up nothing for me, and I'm wondering if I should
file a new one and let someone else move it or cancel it?

What seems to be happening is, if there is no delay the messages send
fine, but if not, the posting message box just sits there for ages, and
when you cancel it, you get messages that SM could NOT connect, etc..
HOWEVER, 3 messages since yesterday DID send and post... even though SM
said it never connected.

Also the 2 messages I sent this morning, do NOT show as having been
sent.  They are not in my Sent box... though they are in the newsgroup.

Should I just file a new report and stop looking for possible others?
bj

This appears to be a variation on a Bug I reported in 2.0. about the very subject in discussion o in the bug turns out it been seen as far back as 1.1.4. Although I've had no problem with in SM 1.x it only with the switch to to SM 2.x

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com