On 07/14/2010 06:43 PM, d...@kd4e.com wrote:
> I sent them a note.
>
> I belly-laughed when I read your follow-up re. their home page!
>
> BTW:  Is your instruction here better than the change I made to
> "agent" or the same?  Can you explain the difference, please?

Prefbar allows you to change the browser agent at will (it can be
programmed to put just about any uri in you wish). You'll find added
benefits of being able to clear cache, turn cookies on/off/clear, same
for java, java script, etc. It's the first (and in many cases, only)
add-on that I put on any SeaMonkey & Firefox install.

But to be quite honest, I typically change the uri for most/many clients
permanently using about:config. I add:

general.useragent.extra.firefox
and set the string to:
Firefox/3.6.3 (NOT - it's  really SeaMonkey! Stop browser sniffing)

or

Firefox/3.6.6 (NOT - it's  really SeaMonkey! Stop browser sniffing)

See the ' Sniffing Problems' thread and also David's page at:
http://www.rossde.com/internet/sniffing.html

Regarding the instructions provided by Ed Mullen, I wouldn't recommend
that. It will work in most cases, but will not work here:
http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

Either way, the web site creator has issue and really shouldn't be
sniffing to begin with.