Rick Merrill wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Rick Merrill wrote:
Where does SeaMonkey look for the tiny icons
that appear beside personal bookmarks?

specifically,

Edit/Preferences/Appearance/Content
0 Show Website Icons

I assume SM looks in the web page - is there a meta tag or what?

It looks in the URL for favicon.ico.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=favicon

Thanks Ed, is lmgtfy.com your web site ?-) pretty cute.

<g> No, not mine but I fell in love with it after someone used it on a Usenet group.

Does favicon.ico just have to BE there
as in http://lmgtfy.com/favicon.ico

or must it be referenced in the html code?
e.g. <link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon"
href="http://boltonpubliclibrary.org/favicon.ico"; />

or does that depend upon the user asking for "search aggessively..."?

Good question. I don't know for sure but I suspect it looks first for <domain>/favicon.ico as default and then, perhaps, favicon.* or favicon.jpg, favicon.png ...

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net