M van Ketel wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Robert Kaiser wrote:
As part of Mozilla's ongoing stability and security update process,
SeaMonkey 2.0.6 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux as a free
download from www.seamonkey-project.org.

We strongly recommend that all SeaMonkey and old suite users upgrade
to this latest release. If you already have SeaMonkey 2.0, you will
receive an automated update notification within 24 to 48 hours. This
update can also be applied manually by selecting "Check for
Updates..." from the Help menu.

For a list of changes and more information, please review the
SeaMonkey 2.0.6 Release Notes.

Note: All users of the outdated SeaMonkey 1.x, Mozilla or Netscape
suites are encouraged to upgrade to SeaMonkey 2.0 by downloading it
from www.seamonkey-project.org.

Full news article:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news#2010-07-20

Downloads for all available platforms and languages:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/

Release notes:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.0.6

I know you don't want to tell bad guys anything useful, but having zero
information on fixes is an invitation to to wait and see what (if
anything) is fixed.

Note: clicking on the link above gives a page "Seamonkey 2.0.6" which
has a link called "What's New in SeaMonkey 2.0.6" which gets to a
section headed "What's New in SeaMonkey 2.0.6" which has a link called
"Security Fixes" which comes to a page called "Security Advisories for
SeaMonkey 2.0" which has *absolutely zero* on fixes in 2.0.6.

So after putting the payload at the end of a whole series of links,
there is no payload. This "security release" fixes nothing, or all
previous versions have a hole so big and easy to use that just to name
it would compromise my system. Only the bad guys are so secretive, so
give us some information to justify another upgrade to management. I
would like to say "all these fixes because SM is on top of stuff" before
someone says "back to FF, SM just can't get it right."

The team is great technically, but dropped the ball on information,
particularly if the problems are only in one OS or another.

And the specific security updates can be found here:

http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/seamonkey20.html#seamonkey2.0.6
As you note below, that page got updated later, it has 2.0.6 information available which isn't in my saved copy made when I tested and posted.

In some organizations there is more paperwork for upgrades than others, so the list of fixes is important to justify a prompt change.

that page is usually updated a little bit later...
(thought because of different maintainer)

Mark

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>