David E. Ross wrote:
I have AdBlock Plus 1.2 installed in SeaMonkey 2.0.6.  AdBlock Plus
1.2.1 is a new version of that extension.

I downloaded the .xpi file for 1.2.1. from
<https://addons.mozilla.org/downloads/latest/1865/adblock_plus-1.2.1.xpi?src=external-abp.o-en-installation>.
  When I try to install it, I get an error popup with the message:
        Seamonkey could not install the file at
        file:///D:/downloads/software/adblock_plus-1.2.1.xpi
        because:  Signing could not be verified
        -260

I trust the source of this extension, and I have successfully installed
prior versions.  How do I get around this error?

Do you have Mr. Tech Toolkit installed? If so, you should be able to click on the "force installation" box when installing if you know that it is only a SM version issue and nothing else. I hope it helps.