On 07/29/2010 08:22 AM, A Williams wrote:
> Lucas Levrel wrote:
>> Le 24 juillet 2010, A Williams a écrit :
>>
>>> I tried installing and running seamonkey-debuginfo using gdb. gdb
>>> complains that the debuginfo is for a different level of seamonkey.
>>> gdb is right.
>>> seamonkey is 2.0.5-1.4, so is seamonkey-dom-inspector.
>>> seamonkey-debuginfo is 2.0.6-2.1
>>
>> Have a look in yast to see if they're from the same repository. If yes
>> you should probably submit a bug report to opensuse.
>>
>> A bit like Markus, for Seamonkey I use the "Mozilla" repo of opensuse
>> rather than the "Updates" one which is always late by a few weeks (at
>> least it was when I switched repos).
>>

> I have submitted a bug report to Opensuse, 626042.
>
> Basically there are three related problems:
>
> 1 - The abort.
> ==============
> The error-message is:
>
> The program 'seamonkey-bin' received an X Windows System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter)'.
>    (details: serial ******* error_code 172 request_code 152 minor_code 7)
>
> There follows a suggestion that I debug using --sync and setting a break
> on the gdk_x_error() function.
> The ******* number varies, the 172, 152 and 7 do not.

They must be building the same way that Ubuntu build's theirs:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/seamonkey/+bug/575160
[seamonkey 2.0 in Lucid crashes with 'RenderBadPicture' diagnostics]

Maybe someone should compare the Opensuse & the Ubuntu builds to see if
they can spot the common culprit.
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/seamonkey
and then compare with Joe Lesko's versions (which work and are stable on
Ubuntu):
https://launchpad.net/~seamonkey2/+archive/seamonkey2/+packages

Download the version from:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/
Extract to a home folder & run from there.