Attention Beverly and Others

>> I have killed the process (making sure it was the LAST one). One
time I just stared hard at it - and SM started! <<

Re: seamonkey.exe and the XP problem

>> I have killed the process (making sure it was the LAST one). One
time I just stared hard at it - and SM started! <<

Not sure if the affected person is running XP or not, but the following has been seen in a few SM and other applications, AND can be occasionally seen in Vista and rarely but still seen in Win 7:

The XP problem -
"Launch Folder Windows in a Separate Process"

In Windows XP SP1 through SP3:

Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab
Clear or make sure that in the drop-down list, that the "Launch Folder Windows in a Separate Process" check-box is cleared (aka unchecked), especially IF one seems to be having a problem with applications mysteriously showing up multiple times in Task Manager or other third-party utilities that do task manager-like affairs
.

If the above IS a problem, it can mean hours of head-scratching and operational problems with what appear to be multiple copies of SM, and as a primary root cause of the mysterious "it just launches itself..." as well.

Joe