Rick Merrill wrote:

It would not matter if they did or did not: the website designer can
still use form fields for whatever.  It is the fault of the website
creator to use insecure methods.

It is not the fault of SM "forms" if a field called "cc" is used to
store a credit card number.  At any rate, I was suspicious and FOUND
MY credit card in a form by using the forms manager!

So, bad websites are a security hole, NOT forms manager ( I misspoke
above).

The only way SM could supply a cc number to a form would be if you gave it the number. Are you saying SM saved your cc number without your knowledge or consent? Or are you saying you foolishly saved it yourself and then it popped up?

Paul B. Gallagher