David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/18/10 6:13 AM, OBones wrote:
Hello all,

I'm having a strange behavior with some websites where I have to go back
twice in the history to actually see the real previous page. This does
not happen with IE and so I'm wondering why it happens.
Here are the steps:

1. Open a blank tab
2. Paste that link in the address bar:
http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00089584.html
3. Press enter to open the page

Expected: History is empty for the tab, the previous button remains
grayed out
Actual: History contains the same page and previous button is active.

You can even navigate to other products on that website, it displays the
same behavior on most, if not all pages.
I have noticed it on other websites as well, so I think it is somewhat
of a "common" issue.

Note that if I turn Javascript off, it no longer happens, but I could
not find which function or event does this...

Regards
Olivier

If I follow your instructions 1-3, the Previous button returns me to the
way the tab was at step #1.  This is not an error because the state of
the tab before step #3 is the tab's history.  And turning off JavaScript
does not change the behavior.

Hum, in my setup new tabs open blank, I guess yours opens a default web page.

If I select a link to open in a new tab, however, then the history for
that new tab is indeed empty and the Previous button is grayed out.

Interesting, I'm not observing that, I do get the same problem as I mentioned earlier.
Which version do you use?
I'm on version 2.0.6:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.11) Gecko/20100701 SeaMonkey/2.0.6

Could it then come from an extension?

Regards
Olivier