Ed Mullen wrote:
Mr. Cheese wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Mr. Cheese wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Mr. Cheese wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Mr. Cheese wrote:
Most of the time the first program that I load, after boot is
complete,
is Seamonkey (latest version). Suddenly SM takes minutes to load.
After
If I close SM and reload it loads immediately. I suspected malware
and
ran MalWarebytes and various AV programs. Nothing was found.

Any idea what could cause this? I'm running updated XP SP3 with
PandaCloud as AV. Been using this for some time with no problems.

thanks for the help...

Mr Cheese, when you say "Suddenly SM takes minutes to load", do you
mean
it takes a long time to download your mail?? Or it takes a long
time to
display your home page in your browser?? Or.....??

Daniel
It takes along time to display the first (home) page. I think its the
time to load the program rather than the time to load the page.
Forgot to mention previously that I use XP PRO.

Temporarily try loading a blank page at startup to see whether it's
the
program or the page (or your Internet connection) tha'ts slowing
things.

Edit - Preferences - Browser - Display on Browser Startup - Blank
page.

Starting up with blank page still takes minutes. I suspect some
malware.
Lots of disk activity. I've run MalwareBytes, SpyBot and reinstalled my
AV. None identify a problem

Next try starting in Safe Mode. If that fixes the issue the next thing
to do is disable your extensions one by one to see if one of them is
causing the issue. You have to restart each time.

Deleting extensions didn't change anything.

I said "disable" not delete. Did you try starting in Safe Mode?

Safe mode did not make a difference.