Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

>> (It was already true.)

>>> See also
>>> Edit | Preferences | Advanced | Scripts&  Plugins
>>> and check/uncheck boxes as desired.
>>
>> Neither of you fellas looked at the page in question, did ya?<g>
>
> I'm allergic to Fox Noise, sorry. I just took the OP's word for it
> that we were talking about a JavaScript popup.

The OP didn't know what kind of window it was...  :-)

>> The "pop-up window" in question (click the Login link at the Fox News
>> page http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/ that the OP supplied). Note
>> it's not the kind of "window" you're thinking about. Heck, it isn't
>> a "window" at all; it's a JavaScript display embedded right in the
>> page itself.
>
> That's what you say, but when I disable JavaScript in the browser, the
> page behaves the same way.

Hmmm?  I get no login window at all, with JavaScript disabled - in three
different browsers. Are you sure you had it disabled? (Easy to do if you
use the PrefBar extension.) Are you clicking the "Login" link up in the
upper-right corner of the page?

--
   -bts