David E. Ross wrote:
On 9/17/10 7:39 AM, Daniel Barclay wrote:
I've just been hit with SeaMonkey's automatic upgrade (from 2.0.7 to
2.0.8) ...

... how do I reconfigure SeaMonkey not to automatically
install anything until I say so?

2.  On the Preferences window, select [Advanced>  Software Installation]
under Category (on the left side).

3.  On the Software Installation pane, uncheck the "Allow web sites to
install extensions and updates" checkbox.
..

The Help documentation for that Software Installation section says
[emphasis added]:

    Allow web sites to install extensions and updates:
      Select this if you want to allow web sites to install extensions and
      updates to be used with SeaMonkey.*You will be prompted before each
      installation.*

Is that "Allow websites ..." control _really_ the right one?  I was not
prompted before installation, so according to the documentation, that
control does not apply to the kind of upgrade/installation I encountered.

Is the documentation wrong?  I notice that it talks about a "When updates
to SeaMonkey are found: ..." control, but there is no such thing in
the Software Installation page/tab.  Did some feature get deleted from
SeaMonkey?

Daniel