David E. Ross wrote:
On launching SeaMonkey, I saw a popup informing me that an update to one
of my installed add-ons is now available.  The message did not say which
of 8 add-ons has the update.  I consider the failure to identify which
add-on has a new update to be a serious problem.

I went to the Web sites of all of them.  For 7 of them, I can tell there
is no new updates.

For the DOM Inspector, the Web page at
<http://www.mozilla.org/projects/inspector/>  does not display a version
number.  This add-on was installed with SeaMonkey itself.  I did not
request it; I don't know how to use it; and I'm not sure I want it.

Below is a list of my SeaMonkey add-ons with their version numbers.  Can
anyone tell me which one has a newer version?

Extensions (enabled: 8)
* Adblock Plus 1.2.2 (http://adblockplus.org/)
* DOM Inspector 2.0.4 (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/inspector/)
* Flashblock 1.3.16 (http://flashblock.mozdev.org/)
* Live HTTP headers 0.16
* PrefBar 5.1.1 (http://prefbar.mozdev.org/)
* Preserve Download Modification Timestamp 2010.09.12.18
* Show Password On Input 0.1.3
(https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/6143/)
* ShowIP 0.8.19 (http://code.google.com/p/firefox-showip/)

If you are referring to SM, I don't have most of the extensions you listed except Adblock and DOM Inspector and about 15 others, but between those two I have a current version of DOM Inspector 2.0.8.. And I believe the last update I had for that one was in the last few weeks or so. I hope that helps some.