On 09/28/2010 07:42 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Richard Owlett wrote:
>> NoOp wrote:
>>> Install it to a different location& use a different user profile.
>>
>> I suspected (and hoped) that would be the answer. Thanks, here goes ;)
>>

> By choosing custom install I was able to install files in a
> different directory. *HOWEVER* I was not given option to create a
> new profile. I chose to create shortcut on the Desktop - it
> created *THREE* - all start the browser and all show that the
> program is to be launched in the old directory.

Umm... performing a fresh install to a different directory has nothing
to do with any previous installs with the exception that it will use the
common /mozilla/seamonkey folder & profile. That is why I stated 'use a
different user profile'. You could have done that (and still can) by
restarting with the profile manager (seamonkey -P) or renaming the
profile in the mozilla/seamonkey folder. Sorry, I figured that since
you'd been using the application since Netscape 4 that you would have
known :-(