Rostyslaw Lewyckyj schrieb:
I do want to be able to: check if there are updates available
for my installed version of SM, and have the ability to then: select,
download, and at a time of my choosing install the downloaded updates.

SeaMonkey 2.1 will have graphical preference settings to only inform you of updates but not fetch and install them right away. For 2.0.x, you need to find them in about:config and I can't tell you off the top of my head how they're named.

Also I want to be able to read a description of what each of the
updates changes, especially in sms' behaviour, i.e. the user interface.

We never automatically install updates that change the UI, we only install security/stability updates automatically, which should not change the behavior of the application in any way (other than crashing less and fixing potential or known security risks).

Robert Kaiser

--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible arguments that we as a community needs answers to. And most of the time, I even appreciate irony and fun! :)