WLS wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
WLS wrote:
W3BNR wrote:
On 9/30/2010 10:37 AM WLS wrote:
W3BNR wrote:
On 9/30/2010 6:34 AM Robert Kaiser wrote:
Bill Davidsen schrieb:
Boring! Installed and works. No excitement.

Hah!

Now I guess we just need to find you a release that provides more
excitement... ;-)

Robert Kaiser

Be daring - use 2.0.9pre :-)

Be more daring and use 2.1b1.

WLS

I am running it on a different computer. But not really putting it
through its paces. Using 2.0.9pre on this one (main system).

I have SM2.1b1, TB3.3a1pre Shredder (love that name), and FF4b6 on this
PC, with different profiles for SM and FF.

Now if I could only figure out to get the plugins I have already
installed for SM 2.0.8 and FF 3.6.10 to work with the new versions I'd
put them through their paces.

I did it once before, but don't remember how.

You need to download the .xpi file, unzip it, edit the install.rdf file
to up the maximum version level for the app (SM or FF), then re-zip the
.xpi file and install it. It may work or not.

Did I say extensions? I'm sorry I meant plug-ins, like Java, Flash, etc

Ooops!  I read plugins but my brain thought extensions.

Not sure where Linux stores plugins but in Windows I believe by default they're stored in the program installation folder in a sub-folder called "plugins". Some are installed in other locations but SM scans for them automatically.

To find them in your older installations set the preference plugin.expose_full_path to true then do Help - About Plugins in SM. In FF enter about:plugins in the location bar and hit Enter.

Once you locate them you can copy them to the new installations.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/