Rex <rexduderemoveandreversedom...@liam.ur> wrote:

> Currently he's on the latest version of Firefox. I figured that having
> one combined client would work nice - especially when he clicks a link
> in an email and it opens in the browser, or clicks a mailto link in
> the browser and it opens an email compose window instantly. Whereas
> with 2 separate clients it would take time to load.
> Also for other reasons, I've let IE7 be the default browser on the
> system so if he clicks a link it might end up launching IE and further
> confusing him.

With that information, SeaMonkey makes the most sense.  Links in TB
would indeed open the default browser. Links in the SM mail client would
open the browser component of SM, as you desire, and mailto's as well.
There is no way to get FF and TB to do that without setting both as the
system default.

Then again, is there a compelling reason not to set them as the default
apps?

I love SeaMonkey, and recommend it.  The only downside I see is that
they are tied together.  If something occurs that freezes one component,
the whole application freezes. Still, SM would seem to make sense in
this case.

Lee