d...@kd4e.com schrieb:
Are any of the new features Google-dependent?

No, even though as with the previous search plugin solution, we have the Google search plugin set as the default, but you can easily set a different one in the preferences, just like before - just that the selection of other search providers you can install is now much larger as we support the same OpenSearch standard as other browsers.

May everything associated with Google be stripped from
SM 2.1 without ill-effect?

Just like with previous versions and just like with Firefox, you can surely do this. Mozilla would never make any of its products dependent on a single provide in a way that the user can't change it.

Robert Kaiser