David Wilkinson wrote:
When I do this, I first close SeaMonkey on the old computer, and copy the entire profile folder (e.g. salt.profilename) to the new computer. Then I use the profile manager on the new computer to create a new profile with the same profile name and use "Choose Folder" to navigate to the copied profile.

Does current SM still use the shared Mozilla Registry file? If so, then I
assume this is the correct procedure to restore profiles from a backup, correct?

That is, do not bother backing up the shared registry file itself, simply do
the above steps?

Thanks,

--
Michael Lueck