David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/6/10 1:54 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Sat, 06 Nov 2010 22:37:04 +0100, /Ray_Net/:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:

How can i change the format .png when doing "paste" into a mail ?

You can't. You have to convert the file first, then paste the new
file. If you need a converter program try:

http://irfanview.com/

It's free and very good.

This is *not* a file .... it's just a copy/paste of an image, per
example, you press the "PrintScrn" button when what you want to
transfer is on screen.

You could probably first paste in IrfanView and then save in whatever
format you need. You could also paste in Paint and save in one of the
formats it supports.

I understand, but i did not want to put a file in attachement ... i
prefer just a copy/paste ... but as i have said soemwhere else:
I think that i have found the solurion ... i have to wait some days now,
because the recipient will be at work only at wednesday. I will tell you
the result.

The problem is that, no matter how you obtain the image, it traverses
the Internet as an attached file separate from the message.  Only when
you compose the message and when the recipient's E-mail application
displays the message does the image file get combined with the message.
  Thus, you need an image file when composing the message.

But 1. There is no file ...
2. When embedded in(per example, in the middle of the mail) the mail there is no visible "file attachement" this is different when i click on attach-browse-select a file; in this case the file is attached with the mail(and not embedded in the mail text). 3. I know that the file or pseudo file is appended at the end of the mail. Looking at the message source we see a multi-part message with the message text/plain, the message text/html and the message image/png
... all those parts are composing the full message.