NFN Smith wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:

No suggestion, but a thought: is this inbox set against an IMAP mail
server?
Because the limitation might be on the server end if so, caused by
some behavior
related to what is don't on first connect. Of course there could be a
problem
with SM "forgetting" subfolders at that level, I haven't seen it
happen with
POP3 mail servers, because I am down four levels below the inbox on
one and have
been for years.

I have noted that in the past a subfolder did become broken in some
way, but
that was back in 1.0.xx days, not in years.

This one is a "me too"... I'm having similar issues on a Windows
installation of Seamonkey. I started seeing it after I upgraded to
2.0.x. It seems to happen less frequently than it used to, and I don't
have it as frequently under Windows 7 as the report here is for running
under Ubuntu.

For me, the problem area is with a POP account. The first level folder
is one titled z-forums-traffic, and the folders contained there are
nearly all targets of rules.

One thing that I did test is that when the top-level folder's name is
shown in boldface, noting that at least one sub-folder has a new
message, use of the "n" command for "next unread folder" won't force the
container open -- it does require a restart of Seamonkey.

I posted a question about this back in April "Folders handling in SM2",
but never got any response. I did note in a follow-up that I see a lot
less of the problem following SM 2.0.4, but it still turns up
occasionally, although for me, it's something that happens infrequently
enough that it's an annoyance I can live with.

I haven't checked this behavior on my Ubuntu box.

Smith

I'll add my "me too" to this thread. I have an archive of lots of email stored under Local Folders. The tree under this that I have trouble with has 50-60 subfolders. Some of those have additional
subfolders in a tree like:

Local Folders
   Archive
      work1
         projectA
         projectB
            issue1
            issue2
         projectC
            issue1
            issue2
            issue3

etc. The list is quite long. Sometimes folders at the projectA level won't open to show anything below them. It usually shows up with some of the folders at the projectA level open fine, but below some level in the list, they all fail to open up. For instance, projectA through projectG open fine, but projectH and below won't open. The triangular handle is present for all folders that have subfolders, but some just won't open.

If I double click on a folder that won't open, I get a new mail/news window where they do open up. Then I can close the window where they wouldn't open. You don't have to restart Seamonkey. You can probably double click on any folder, but I'm usually pointing at one that won't open so I double click there.

To conclude, this problem isn't specific to POP or IMAP mail. It's showing up in Local Folders as well.

Gordon Weast