Le 23 novembre 2010, Bret Busby a écrit :

I use iceape on this computer, as I generally run Debian 5, and I have installed Iceape and Iceweasel on this computer.

Which versions?

When Iceape crashes, which it does frequently, the session at the time of the crash is lost.

SM 2.0 doesn't frequently crash (here, on linux), and the session isn't lost either.

I have observed that Galeon, in running the next time from a crash, provides three options:
1. Restore last session (session which crashed)
2. Open new session and save last session as bookmarks (creates new bookmarks folder, wit bookmarks for all tabs and windows that were open when session crashed)
3. Open new session, deleting previous session

My request is this; could Firefox and Seamonkey (thence to hopefully filter through to Iceweasel and Iceape, to be implemented therein), have the same provisions implemented?

SM 2.0 offers 1 and 3.

Also, would it be possible for Firefox and Seamonkey (thence to hopefully filter through to Iceweasel and Iceape, to be implemented therein), to include in the File menu (and thence to be fully implemented), an option, as Opera has; "Save current session", so that the current session can be saved and closed in an orderly manner, as needed?

Not really the same, but:
- SM 2.0 offers to save session when you try and quit, if you have several windows/tabs opened.
- You can set prefs so that your start page is the last page visited.

HTH.
--
LL