On 11/25/10 5:30 PM, Jane_Galt wrote:
> "David E. Ross" <nob...@nowhere.invalid>  wrote :

>>> http://www.webshots.com/pro/

>>> Yeah well it kept me from using my Webshots subscription for almost a
>>> month until I tried other browsers.

>>> Is there something I can do from here? Webshots wont even reply to my
>>> angry emails about denial of service by them.
>>>

>> Read my <http://www.rossde.com/internet/sniffing.html> to understand
>> sniffing and spoofing.  Although some of the page is quite technical, I
>> tried to write this in a way that non-technical individuals can
>> understand the issues.  (There is a very brief definition of spoofing at
>> <http://www.rossde.com/internet/intr_gloss.html#spoof>.)
>>
>> Download and install PrefBar from
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/67148/>.  Use it to
>> spoof Firefox, but only when trying to view Webshots (or other sites
>> that have broken sniffing).
>>

> Says it's only for FF?

Hmm.

I previously downloaded the PrefBar .xpi file from
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/67148/> instead of
installing directly from the Web page.  (I do this because I want to
archive all software that I install on my PC.)  I then used SeaMonkey's
Add-On Manager to install PrefBar without any problems.

I just now downloaded the PrefBar .xpi files from both the Firefox and
SeaMonkey pages within addons.mozilla.org.  Comparing the SH1 hashes of
both, they are the same.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.