Rick Merrill wrote:
JD wrote:
Rick Merrill wrote:
Whenever I have accepted a windows update and had to power-down
and restart windows, SeaMonkey launches but does not start the user
interface! After about three reboots and a DELAY the user interface
will launch (hurray!). Win XP sp3, SM 2.0.xx

wHAT could be causing this?

Do you have SeaMonkey start when Windows boots?

No I do not. It is not in the startup folder, which has only a SonicWall
VPN and the Comcast Universal Caller ID (which uses Adobe AIR). I
suppose I should delete these
and start them manually also.

If I happened to save the last SM update and re-run the update
installation, all is well! That suggests that the problem I see is a
registry problem that results in some sort of resource lockup - but I'm
just guessing.

Something is not right but I'm not sure what. Maybe use Add/Remove programs to remove SM and then install the latest version? Now I'm just guessing.

I take windows updates all the time and I never have the problem you describe.

--
 JD..