David E. Ross wrote:
On 1/26/11 6:13 AM, Rick Merrill wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 1/25/11 9:23 AM, Bret Busby wrote:

I use Iceape 1.0.9, which is a Debian version of Seamonkey. It is the
latest available version that can be installed using the system pacjakge
management.

I have javascript turned off.

I have the option "Block unrequested popip windows" checked.
Doesn't work.

The application is simply insecure.

It can be useful, but it has insufficient security.

When I get those dialogue boxes, the only solution is to crash the
application (use the kill delinquent application utility), and lose
everything open within the browser.

It is the way that it is. Insecure.

Have you tried disabling JavaScript as suggested more than once in this
thread?  With the PrefBar extension, disabling and enabling JavaScript
merely involves checking or clearing a checkbox.

There are just too many useful sites that Require JavaScript! If you can do
without
it, fine, but there are loads of banking sites that require it.

"Disable JS" just does not cut the mustard, except for the truly paranoid,
which you
are not, and worriers should simply stay away from a computer altogether ;-)

I previously indicated how to TEMPORARILY disable JavaScript and then
re-enable it via PrefBar, both very quickly and easily.  Solving the
problem in the original post to this thread takes only two clicks of a
mouse on a checkbox on the browser window, two clicks in two seconds.

Yes you did, but consider that one only recognized that the need to disable exists after it is TOO LATE!