Gerry Hickman wrote:

The tip about being able to delete specific values is really handy; I've
just tested it and it works as expected.

The original problem turned out to be that he'd accidentally entered a password into a non-password box, and then SeaMonkey was offering the password in the drop down. I was able to use the tip above to delete the unwanted value while not affecting other forms.

While looking into this, I also found many more sites that provide a user-name and password log-in facility on a page that is NOT SSL. Sometimes that page you land on after logging in is SSL, but not the one where you are typing the password.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)