chicagofan wrote:
Danny Kile wrote:
Michael Gordon wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
<  >
Also I haven't used flash drives before, so is it harder than I might be
thinking, to use them for backup. Do I need special software, or can I
just copy the files on there and copy them off, when/if needed? Also can
you just re-write over them, or should they be erased before updating?
LOL... or does it depend on the drive?
TIA... for any responses.
bj
You might try MozBackup to extract and then compress your profile on
your flash drive. I don't know anyone who has successfully used
MozBackup to restore their profiles, but it sounds real good. I have it
installed and saved several profiles, but have not had the need to
restore my profiles.

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Michael
I was going to recommend MozBack to do the backup to a flash drive the
backup will be in compressed form when it is done. As for a restore I
have done several restores, and also use it to move my complete account
to a new PC.

Danny

Thanks guys, this sounds encouraging, since Danny has used it to restore and move completely to a new PC. I will try this too.
bj

Which did you find the easiest to use; Replicator or MozBackup??
wkm