On 2/25/2011 5:08 AM On a whim, Daniel pounded out on the keyboard

I dual boot my HP6730b Laptop with both Win7 and Mandriva Linux 2009.0
and have SM 2.0.11 on both.

Last Sunday evening, I deliberately booted into my Win7 system and
started up SeaMonkey to give it a chance to download any System and AV
updates.

Then I went looking, my SM was plain vanilla installation, so I went to
addons.mozilla.org (or whatever the site is) and installed about a half
dozen extensions like AdBlockPlus, BeeFree, Display mail route, Ghostery
and KaiRo.at Mandelbrot (whatever this does???).

The installations all went without a problem, so on Monday, when I
booted into my Linux SeaMonkey, I was expecting to have to install the
same extensions, but no, they were showing up there in my Linux SM already.

At first I thought "What the heck....", but then I thought the Win7 SM
extensions would have been installed in the plug-ins folder {or
whatever} of my SM profile (which is, naturally, on a Win7 drive) and my
Linux SM uses the same profile, and, it would seem, the same plug-ins
folder {or whatever} of my SM profile (which is, naturally, on a Win7
drive because Linux can "see" Windows drives but Windows cannot "see"
Linux mount points.).

But isn't the code words used (whatever) for Windows going to be
different to the code words used for Linux (whatever)??

Anyone??

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I don't use SM, but I have TB installed on multiple OS's. I would create another partition and move your profile there to share data between. I have all OS's each on a partition, data on another, and programs on another. I separated all the mail/news data out of the profile into a separate folder, and that is what was shared with Linux. The rest (add-ons etc) needs to be installed into each OS, unless you have many Windows OS's as I do. With those I can point to the same profile on each one.

I don't hardly use Linux at all any more (as no clients or friends ever used it and I only installed it for support purposes), but the above worked fine for sharing between them.

Terry R.