Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Daniel wrote:

When this was first proposed, I thought "Why??", and was against it,
but I guess fixing the Internet was realised to be to big a problem!!

Please do note that the problem is not the "Internet" (is only the WWW)
but only a very small percentage of "webmasters without clue".

You can Google for "browser sniffing" to read up on it. Frequently, when
I encounter a site with broken sniffing, I will drop a note to the
webmaster/contact/company president or whomever seems appropriate for
the site in question, and politely and tastefully advise them of the
error of their ways.

Further, in nearly all cases sniffing would not be necessary at all, if
only the sites were designed/written to conform to Web Standards.

Thank you for keeping up the fight, Beauregard.

Daniel