cyberzen a écrit :
David E. Ross a écrit :
On 4/7/11 2:31 PM, cyberzen wrote:
David E. Ross a écrit :
I'm trying to setup a link to a streaming broadcast. The URI is
<http://1.ice1.sa.streamaudio.com/kgil_am.mp3>.

When I select that link, SeaMonkey 2.0.13 tries to download the file. I
want it instead to launch Winamp, which is set to play mp3 streams.

Winamp will play the stream if I open that application and explicitly
request it to play the above cited URI. How can I configure SeaMonkey
to launch Winamp automatically for this?

Note that my configuration of SeaMonkey already launches Winamp
automatically to play .pl, .pls, and .m3u streams. SeaMonkey also
launches RealPlayer automatically to play .ram, .smi, and .asx streams.
See my<http://www.rossde.com/music.html>; links to streaming
broadcasts -- mostly classical music -- are at the bottom of the page.

the link to kgil_am.mp3 opens a browser (SM) and runs a quick time bar
that can be started and plays
unfortunately I am not able to tell why it works like this
I have installed the klite mega pack with QT and real alternative,
xmplay, mediamonkey
as addon, I have openinbrowser (but I am not sure it is involved now )

I stopped using QuickTime and removed it when they seemed to have more
security updates than even Micro$oft. I only use Winamp and RealPlayer.

I totally agree, that's why I use
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm
that works with no fuss
have a look also on
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

in fact, the streaming was not working, it was just playing the first minute of music approx. for example if I open the url given in xmplay, it plays the stream endlessly fine as paul was complaining about his tries in SM 1117 and 1118 I had the idea of trying the url in my firefox 3.6 as it is equipped of the "media player connectivity " addon that's how I discovered the correct way of playing this stream in xmplay, as I had setup mp3 to be played with it in mediaplayerconnectivity. unfortunately this addon is discontunued for SM 2* and more, but there is a release for firefox 3.6 and under, (not yet FF4) and one other for SM 1* and under. In my point of view this addon is one of the best thing to manage embedded media of all kinds, one can choose the player he wants for each...
this can be done at will when the user decides.
it is more usable than leaving the files associations of windows to decide as each piece of software installed has made its own mess in it.

besides I am enjoying the stream of music... thank you

--
cyberzen