Robert Gault wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Can't get Google maps to respond -- it seems to load OK, but the moment
I start typing an address, it says "loading..." and then stops.

 ><snip>

I've found that Google maps will not respond to Search entries until the
entire default download is finished. If you have broadband, that should
not be a problem. On my dial-up connection, I can't get the site to
respond for about 5+ minutes.

That used to be true. Now, no matter how long I wait (and I do have a broadband connection, I can download about 25 MB per minute), it doesn't work. The status bar says "Done" before I enter the address, and the spinner isn't moving, either. Doesn't matter. The moment I start typing, the yellow shaded "Loading..." appears at top, and when I hit "Enter" or "Search Maps," I get (in quick succession):
        Looking up maps.google.com
        Waiting for maps.google.com
        Done
but the map is still the entire North American continent. The pan, zoom, and scroll controls are unresponsive.

I've tried disabling AdBlock Plus entirely ("everywhere"), but no joy. That's not it.

I have no special about:config setting and am using SeaMonkey 2.0.13.

Me, too.

Paul B. Gallagher