Lucas Levrel wrote:
Le 13 avril 2011, Bill Spikowski a écrit :

I don't see anything in my preferences that would account for this, but I have exactly the same problem on a new laptop with Windows 7 and SM 2.0, which I set up to replicate the same settings. I'm stumped – what might cause this problem?

No idea, but you could find it by dichotomy:
1) close SM
2) backup prefs.js as original_prefs.js
3) create prefs_2.js containing second half of prefs.js
4) erase second half from prefs.js
5) start SM
6) if the problem shows up, close SM, delete prefs_2.js, goto 3
7) the problem doesn't show up. Close SM, delete prefs.js, rename prefs_2.js as prefs.js. Restart SM:
 - if the problem shows up, goto 3
- if the problem doesn't show up, bad luck! the problem is caused by interaction of multiple settings.

Repeat until there's only one line left in prefs.js: the culprit. If you don't find one, check user.js (if any) and extensions as well.

Note: dichotomy is very efficient. With my 2700-line-long prefs.js, 11 or 12 iterations would be enough.

Thanks, I'll try this!