lawi...@att.net wrote:

I've updated by SeaMonkey and can't send mail out. Of course AT&T
doesn't support that and since I'm only using the email address I
don't want to pay AT&T anymore money.

Can someone point me to the right directions?

From other posts in this thread, it seems your settings are correct. Perhaps it's an authentication issue. Try this:

Tools | Password Manager | Manage Stored Passwords
Click the "Show passwords" button (click "OK" when prompted)

Scan the list for an entry smtp://smtp.att.yahoo.com and verify that the password is exactly correct (including upper and lower case, number 1 vs letter l, etc.). If not, delete the entry. The next time you try to send mail, you will be prompted for a password; make sure you enter it correctly (if you're not sure what it should be, look it up on a working computer or ask Yahoo tech support).

BTW, some ISPs (as an antispam measure) require you to use their connection in order to have access to their SMTP (outgoing mail) server. So if you connect with Verizon and try to send through Yahoo's SMTP server, you'll get rejected. In that case, the workaround is to use someone else's (e.g., Verizon's) SMTP server to send your Yahoo mail. So I have several SMTP server entries, and if necessary when traveling, I tell a problem account to use a different one from the list.

Paul B. Gallagher