Subject: Re: SeaMonkey 2.0.14 Security Update
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 11:30:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: blurosemarie1 <blurosemar...@yahoo.com>
To: Edmund <e...@kdtc.net>

On Apr 28, 7:28 pm, Edmund <e...@kdtc.net> wrote:
As part of Mozilla's ongoing stability and security update process,
SeaMonkey 2.0.14 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux as a
free
download fromwww.seamonkey-project.org.

We strongly recommend that all SeaMonkey and old suite users
upgrade to
this latest release. If you already have SeaMonkey 2.0, you will
receive
an automated update notification within 24 to 48 hours. This update
can
also be applied manually by selecting "Check for Updates..." from the
Help menu.
Edmund
Edmund,
Since this update from SeaMonkey our Mac OS X "OUTGOING" mail
does not WORK! We need help trying to get this fix, but have had no
success from anyone and/or they pass it to another business saying it
is "not their doing".
EXAMPLE: Since our server is Comcast they said they will not help with
our problem since it started when we updated with "SeaMonkey" and it
must be a problem/bug from them and they need to correct.
We finally were able to get the "Incoming" mail to work, but the
"Outgoing" still has this problem with the "SMTP" and sometimes a
"KeyChain password" prompts up... We have used the same password/s for
a long time and haven't changed anything since this problem.
Are there other "SeaMonkey" users having this problem since the new
update? Can you or someone who is very tech savvy help us. Our email
is our main source for communication, bill paying, document saving,
etc....

****Oh, by the way... I am writing and "sending" this email from my
MacBook using our Router from our Mac OS X that is having the
problem.. Since this MacBook works, we copied exactly my settings for
mail (port,SMTP,server..etc.) with no success...

Please Help.
Sincerely Blurosemarie1

Blurosemarie1, in your last paragraph, you mention that you use a
Router!! Is it possible that this router does not know what SeaMonkey
2.0.14 is, so is blocking it's send function.

It's possible that your router knew that SeaMonkey 2.0.13 was o.k. to
send emails, because you had told your router it was o.k., but no-one
has told the router it's o.k. for SeaMonkey 2.0.14 to send.

Try to tell your router that SM 2.0.14 is o.k.!!

Daniel

I use SM on Macs through an Apple router and have not had any issues
with either - my ISP is Mediacom, which I believe is a subsidiary of
Comcast. I can say it's likely *not* and issue with your router, as the
router doesn't care about application - just compliance with
communication protocol.

I use the same SMTP server settings for Mail.app in SM. Check that, and
that you don't have any proxies set in SM - direct connect. It could
also be possible that you have a duplicate item in your KeyChain and
that you need to delete the offending one - open KeyChain and take a
look, if you haven't done so. And/or you may need to re-authorize SM
with an "always allow" for KeyChain.

If you can let us know a bit more detail about your settings on the
offending machine, maybe we can figure this out.

You're right, Rufus, I was in error mentioning problem with Router. What
I really meant was the Firewall, if they are using one. As I explained
for the router, it is the Firewall which, I believe, will block any
outgoing communications until it is told the sending program is o.k. to
sent.

Daniel

That's certainly true of the ZoneAlarm firewall program. Anytime I update a browser or mail program ZA alerts me that the program has changed and asks if want to allow access to my LAN and the Internet.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/