WLS schrieb:
Robert Kaiser wrote:
WLS schrieb:
Is WebGL going to be disabled by default or is that something we will
need to do in about:config?

Why should it?

Because of the security threat.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/05/11/chrome_firefox_security_threat/

None of that is a real security threat that requires immediate action, from all I know and heard (and I'm in Mozilla's security group). This looks very much like some "investigator" trying to gather massive media attention in his favor without a really good backing. Both "threats" are low-impact concerns that we will look into but require no immediate action. There will be a Mozilla blog post on this topic very soon.

Media is making every fly into an elephant if they think they can "sell a scandal".

Robert Kaiser

--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible arguments that we as a community needs answers to. And most of the time, I even appreciate irony and fun! :)