Keith Whaley schrieb:
Note: I DO have a month old copy of SM 1.1.18 on a Time Machine backup.
I suppose that would be acceptable, but having never done it, I don't
know how complicated that might be, getting it to REPLACE the old
version...

From my own experience with Time Machine, restoring the program "file" itself should be very easy. Just go to your Program Folder, start Time Machine, select Seamonkey, and restore. (To play save, you can "keep both" in which case the current one is renamed and the old one restored in its place. To revert, just delete the restored one, rename the originally current one back, and done.)

However, if your profile is messed up, this might not help at all.
It's however easy, quick, and should not cause further problems - give it a try. ("Installing" the same version again by dragging it into the Program Folder should have practically the same effect.)

If the profile is messed up, one could try a manual merge of the Time Machine backup and the current one. I fear, it'd need very good knowledge of SM to "merge" the profiles so you a) get the UI, extensions, etc. working again and b) keep your personal data on the latest level.
-> Good luck!

BR/Philipp