chicagofan wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
JeffM wrote:
d...@kd4e.com wrote:
:[...]Chrome, Firefox, and Safari
:have vulnerabilities numbering in the hundreds
:-- far more than Internet Explorer in the same time periods.
Your FUD detector needs an overhaul.
.
.
[1] ...and as MCBastos points out,
many of these other-vendor "bugs" have *already* been patched
but are **still counted** while many of the M$ bugs go unpatched.

...and time-to-patch for most SERIOUS Open Source browser bugs
is typically less than 1 day.

[2] Having an exploit against M$'s junk released into the wild
on the second Wednesday of the month
means that even if M$ writes a patch for that immediately,
the soonest YOU can get that fix is still 4 week away.
Seriously, does that sound like "security" to you?
Below is a link to an article which always comes to mind for me, when
people discuss Microsoft security. It was about the *17 year old*
vulnerability which was believed to be utilized in the attack on Google
in China._

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8499859.stm

Where we can read:The ancient bug was discovered by Google security
researcher Tavis Ormandy in January 2010 and involves a utility that
allows newer versions of Windows to run very old programs.
The patch for this vulnerability will appear in the February security
update.

No so bad .... stop glorify SM .... µsoft is not to blame.

Not so bad? Are you saying that Microsoft is not to blame for a bug in
their software?
bj
I just said that microsoft had distributed a patch to correct a bug no more than one month or less after his knowledge. Not so bad !