Hello,

a colleague of mine has a problem with an attachment sent to certain addresses. The attachment is rejected because of a suspicious mime type. And I agree the the mime type is wrong. The document was first edited in MS word, then it was transfered to a linux machine and in OpenOffice.org, it was exported as PDF. When the message arrives to the remote machine, the attached PDF has the mime type application/x-msdownload.

I tried to repeat the procedure and I sent the resulting PDF to myself, but the attachment got the correct mime type (application/pdf).

I need to know who sets the mime type to the attachment. Is it SeaMonkey? Both of us are using the same version (2.0.14). Or the outgoing server? We both use the same machine. Or the receiving machine? How can I set the correct mime type?

Hana