PhillipJones wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 6/5/11 9:04 PM, Joe32065 wrote:
I hate tabs, would prefer multiple windows.  I don't see an option to
eliminate tabs and always open in a new window.  It is hard to tell
which tab goes to the open window.  Sometimes I pick the wrong tab and
close the wrong page.  When reflexes take my hand to the top right x to
close the page I'm on, I get a question "Do you want to close the
browser and save your tabs?"  I want to say, "No just close the open
page that I have finished looking at and leave the other pages open."
But there is no option to do that.   Thanks

On the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Edit>  Preferences].  On the left
side of the Preferences window, under Category, select [Browser>  Tabbed
Browsing] (for SeaMonkey 2.0.x) or [Browser>  Link Bahavior] (for
SeaMonkey 2.1).  Set the radio buttons as you wish.

For both versions, also on the Preferences window, select [Browser>
Tabbed Browsing] and check the checkbox to hide the tab bar when only
one tab is open.

Ahh, a person after my own heart so far as this subject is concerned.

This illustration might help:

http://screencast.com/t/iwLp2nwz3Xc

That works for me in 1119, too.