On 6/10/2011 8:57 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
Has the Update problem noted in bug #662677 been fixed?  If not, will it
be fixed soon?

The documentation, I am unsure if it is fixed. But you should not need to worry about that.

If you mean the "Extensions installed on updates..." no it has not been fixed, will not be for 2.1.

We *may* fix it, but I think the solution will be more of a "mark extension [x] disabled if you don't want it" rather than "don't stuff into application folder", since we now push the extensions to the profile anyway.

Which means that if you install 2.1 from scratch, including these extensions, run once, and then uninstall, and re-install without the extensions, you'll then STILL have those extensions in your profile, since they install to profile on first launch.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)