Roger Fink a écrit :
Suggestion for future major releases of SeaMonkey, such as the upgrade from
2.0.14 to 2.1.

I tried this upgrade a few days ago but wound up reverting back to 2.0.14
(note that despite using system restore to do this, I still had to manually
reestablish some of my original settings, such as theme and home page). The
reason I went back to 2.0.14 was because there just weren't enough installed
extensions yet that were upgradable to 2.1.

While I don't know the technical problems involved, I think it would be a
lot more user-friendly to search out the existing installation before a new
version is installed and present to the user the same list of existing
installed extensions that are currently incompatible, and also predetermine
whether upgrades for them exist. This would be followed by a box to proceed
or cancel.

This would allow the user to make a decision to install or not install,
rather than have to install and revert (or regret).

I had the same experience yesterday, and feel regretting not staying in 2.1 also due to the loss of extensions. I did not find an upgrade/downgrade guide from 2.0.14 to 2.1 and I have reinstalled 2.0.13 as I did not from 2.0.14 yesterday (it is again available today)

is that a way to disable the version testing for the extensions ?
or a way to change the max version number in the extensions ?

this may be more and more annoying as we enter in a version race

for example, I am still regretting the lack of media player connectivity that was ok in SM 1.x , still working in firefox 3.6 but not in FF 4, SM 2 and up, I am sure it could work but I can't make it..

--
cyberzen