Robert Kaiser wrote:
Ant schrieb:
I really don't want to use Sync.

For what reason? Note that all data sent to a server by Sync is not
readable by the server or its operators as it's encrypted on the client
side and the private key is never sent to the server. Of course, as we
are an open organization, you can set up your own server as well, of
course, Mozilla even provides a version for you to install.

Security is not a major issue, at least for most people, but depending on the network and someone else' servers for backup (and rollback if needed) might be. If I understand the limitations on version compatibility between machines, that might be an issue as well.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>
  We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have